Sunday, November 13, 2005

Looks like I'm averaging one post per month...

I've been hideously busy. In spite of school, I finished the Hallowig in time for the holiday. I've got one mitten from Knit One, Felt Too done and started on the second. After a year of trying to get just the right yarn, I finally am working on a Harry Potter scarf for the elder daughter.

I have to reread Little Women in the context of Louisa May Alcott and the Cult of True Womanhood. I need to get cracking on my presentation on Hawaiian music. Husband has taken off for a week-long conference, then he's back Thanksgiving week and gone again the next. Then he'll be out for two weeks in January. I feel stressed...

Turned on the news this morning to catch the tail end of a report of tornadoes touching down in Ames yesterday. I restrained myself from calling mom at 6:15 her time to see if she was okay. I figured that if the tornadoes hadn't gotten her, being woken by the phone would. She called this afternoon, she's fine. She lives on the south end of town, the twisters hit north and west. My brother would have called if anything had happened, but it was still nerve wracking.

I made cheesecake this pm. A new recipe: butterscotch. Hope it turned out. I'm taking it to French class tomorrow, they'd best appreciate it. grrrr....

Daughter had her hair cut off on Friday. They got 4 large footlong pony tails worth. I've given birth to yeti. We're sending it to Locks of Love. We were told to put a note on it that tells them all the hair is from one person. Hee hee!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home